Story Details for videos
CondorXE generating Patterns In Action
Patterns In Action 4.0
The Patterns In Action 4.0 Framework is a sample framework built by the folks at DOFactory.com. It's an application that demonstrates how to apply various Design Patterns to every day applications.
This framework is a nice framework and it does work, but it also contains lots and lots of classes. To build this framework by hand just to create CRUD classes, would take several hours.
I've pared that down to take literally a few seconds.
I've written a component that can easily integrate into my code generator called CondorXE that produces all the code for the entire framework in just a few seconds. And it's reusable for any application you build.
How do I get it?
This code to generate the Pattern In Action, is only available to members of DOFactory.com.
In order to get this component, you must do a couple things:
- Send me your email address
- Send me your DO Factory.com user name, so I can validate that you are a member.
Once I validate that you are a member, I'll send you the code. You should then watch this screencast that demonstrates how to build an ASP.NET MVC 3 application from scratch using the Patterns In Action 4.0 Framework.
Setup and Configuration
(I will assume that you've already installed MyGeneration Software and configured it to use CondorXE. Watch one of the other videos to see how to setup and install it.)
It's pretty simple to setup and configure the PIA40.Components.dll to work with CondorXE.
- Copy the PIA40.Components.dll into the MyGeneration folder - copy this DLL from the /bin/Release folder of the extracted PIA40 zip file
- CondorXELoader file - open this file in the extracted zip folder, and copy the four xml elements. Now open the CondorXELoader.xml file in the C:\Program Files(x86)\MyGeneration13\ folder. You may need to open it with a text editor as "Run as Administrator". Paste in the four xml elements somewhere inside the root node. Save the file and close it.
- Visual Studio Project Templates - in the Visual Studio Templates folder of the extracted zip file, copy the three zip files and paste them into: C:\Users\[your machine name]\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\. These Visual Studio Project Templates will be available to use to help create your Patterns In Action project.
Now you can run CondorXE.
For the rest of the instructions, I recommend you watch this video.
If you have any questions or comments, please them here.